Engineering Services: Process Plants That Work
Delivering mining projects to the market has become increasingly complex and requires seamless integration of all aspects, from exploration all the way to final commissioning of the process plant.
As a supplier to the global mining, bulk materials handling, minerals beneficiation, and processing sectors we offer an extensive range of project mining services which include all of the traditional EPCM services:
- Testwork at any of SGS’s 10 metallurgical facilities and 5 mineralogy facilities
- Full NI 43-101 studies inclusive of the mining, resource and reserve and environmental studies
- Conceptual, prefeasibility and definitive feasibility studies
- Due-diligence studies and audits through SGS Mine and Plant Services (MPS)
- Design and detail engineering
- Project and construction management
- Modular plants for gold, diamonds and many other commodities
- Flexible contracting arrangements covering fixed price, project management consulting (PMC) or owner’s representative, and joint venture (JV)
Being part of the global SGS network allows us to take projects from geological modeling and in-house metallurgical test work, through life-of-mine metallurgical modeling to design, engineering, procurement, construction and management (EPCM), enabling operators to meet challenges not only throughout a project’s life cycle, but also from pit to port.
Since 1980, SGS Bateman has managed more than 1,000 projects in more than 50 countries, including South Africa, Namibia, Ghana, Zambia, Mozambique and Lesotho. SGS Bateman operates primarily in developing regions, managing projects in difficult and remote terrains and in locations with minimal infrastructure. We have extensive experience successfully delivering projects in Africa.
Established in over 140 countries, SGS is well positioned and experienced to assist with all in-country challenges. With a “hub” location in South Africa, we are also able to utilize our engineering presence in the USA and Chile to provide services locally.
Our global network collaborates and co-operates across international boundaries and facilitates projects in even the most remote locations. Production optimization, plant efficiency studies and in-plant support are offered through our Advanced Control Systems Division and complements our services.
To find out how our unmatched technical and engineering expertise can get you to market faster, contact us today.