Civil Engineering Testing
How can you ensure that the quality of your construction materials and construction work complies with compulsory regulations and quality control standards?
Confirming the quality, performance and durability of all civil engineering construction materials is essential. However, sourcing and managing the specialist range of disciplines required to ensure compliance with a range of stringent compulsory regulations and quality control standards – from research and testing to assessment – can be complex. That is where SGS can help.
Confirm the Quality of Your Construction Materials and Construction Work
As a world-leading engineering and construction materials testing company, we offer customized solutions to confirm the quality, performance and durability of all civil engineering construction materials.
With a network of over 30 offices and laboratories in South Africa, we offer you unrivaled expertise and experience working with consulting engineers and construction companies, as well as public authorities.
We provide you with:
- A wide array of civil engineering services, including testing, research and assessment
- Compliance services for all compulsory regulations and quality control standards
- Expert personnel and a professional laboratory for testing construction materials
- Fit-for-purpose solutions for any type of client, including governments, designers, raw material contractors and suppliers
- Independence and impartiality, acting as an objective third party. We are SANAS accredited in accordance with ISO/IEC 17025:2005
A Comprehensive Range of Services
Our range of services includes:
- Testing of soils, concrete, aggregates, asphalt and bituminous products
- In-situ testing, including relative compactions, DCP tests, plate bearing tests, seismic surveys, and more
- Geotechnical investigations, including center-line soils surveys and borrow pit investigations
- Foundation testing, including consolidations, tri-axials, shear-box, collapse/swell potential, permeability, dispersity and more
- Pavement investigations, including test pits, deflection measurements, visual surveys and rutting measurements
- Supply of fully functional on-site laboratories, including personnel and equipment
- Quality implementation and audits
- Staff evaluation and training
- Research and development
- Laboratory software development
Research and Design
Committed to improvement within the industry, we have been involved in a variety of research and design projects, such as:
- Electronic deflections: we have designed an Electronic Benkelman Beam to measure pavement deflection bowls and ‘Radius of Curvature’.
- Falling weight deflection: we have designed and commissioned the first “Falling Weight Deflectometer” in South Africa.
- Specialized asphalt testing: we have been involved in the research for dynamic fatigue testing on asphalt.
- Software development: we specialize in the development of software for a wide range of applications, such as civil engineering test reports and laboratory consumables control
To find out more about our civil engineering testing services, contact us today.
- Gauteng North: (012) 800 1281
- Gauteng South: (011) 740 9410
- Kwazulu Natal: (031) 579 1220/1
- North West: (014) 536 3616
- Limpopo: (015) 293 1377/1835
- Mpumalanga: (013) 758 1302
- Cape Region (Matrocast): (021) 981 5558
For further information, please contact:
t: +49 (0)6128 744 730