Consumer Goods and Retail Ecotoxicology Studies
Ecotoxicological studies from SGS examine the potential impact on flora and fauna of chemicals, crop protection agents and biocides.
Our ecotoxicology experience covers problem substances that are poorly soluble in water, highly volatile, and/or colored. This means we can offer you specific identification tests and concentration determinations, as required.
Our ecotoxicology testing services include:
- Bacteria toxicity tests (acute, aerobic, anaerobic, chronic, mono-species tests, tests on complex associations)
- Algae growth inhibition tests (various species)
- Crustacean toxicity (e.g. daphnia)
- Fish toxicity, acute (semi-static, static)
- Worm toxicity (acute)
- Plant growth inhibition tests
- Soil microflora tests (BBA regulation VI 1-1, OECD 216 and OECD 217)
Our ecotoxicology testing methods comply with the guidelines issued by:
- Biologische Bundesanstalt für Land- und Forstwirtschaft (BBA – Germany’s Federal Biological Research Centre for Agriculture and Forestry)
- Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
- Deutsches Institut für Normung (DIN – German Institute for Standardization)
- International Organization for Standardization (ISO)
- European and Mediterranean Plant Protection Organization (EPPO)
- Commission of European Communities (CEC)
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- European Center for Ecotoxicology and Toxicology of Chemicals (ECETOC)
In addition, we are an independent ecotoxicology testing provider, with a global reputation for conducting ecotoxicological studies according to the principles of Good Laboratory Practice (GLP). All of this means that you can use our ecotoxicological study results as part of the environmental risk assessments you must undertake when registering substances and products.
Contact SGS now to find out more about our ecotoxicology testing services.
Ecotoxicology for tissue and hygiene products
With an in-depth understanding of the industry and regulation affecting tissue and hygiene products we can conduct toxicological testing and assessment of ingredients and formulated products.
Contact us today for further details.